Sound Crisis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sound Crisis

Community forum for Sound Crisis & its affiliates.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I | Lamora | Description

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sette
Admin
Sette

I | Lamora | Description Empty
PostSubject: I | Lamora | Description   I | Lamora | Description I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2018 11:05 am

Lamora:

The Lamora are a proud race from Luxgard. With the gift of Helus, a Siel that derives from the power of the sun, they hold a great advantage over the Kubarons.
Stationed mostly in Matilda, a city that rests on a plateau hoisted up by earthy stilts, the Lamora aren't present throughout the rest of the world. They are exalted for being regal, noble, devout to their beliefs and passionate.

Lamora are blond in appearance. What sets them apart from the common man are their distinct features. They are often attributed to lions with their tails, sometimes long fingernails, and blond, ashy blond, and strawberry blond hair colors. They also have light hairs going from the backs of their hands to their elbows, and from their knees to their feet.

The Lamora aren't very stocky in their build, but make for great archers, druids, lancers, and of course mages. While being averagely thin in stature, they forgo large swords and shields in exchange for their specially made bows and arrows. Having immediate access to Scorterra, a flammable rock mined from the guts of the mountain range northwest of Matilda, they excel in the arts of archery. By lighting the Scorterra arrows with Helus spells, they set their arrows aflame and send them soaring into the hearts of the Kubaron.

Each Lamora warrior carries a Sunstone, which gives them the ability to cast a single Helus spell at night after the sun has set. They can recharge the Sunstone by performing a prayer during the day, which can take five to ten minutes. It's evident that they can only cast Helus spells when the sun is out, which renders their powers weak or completely useless when it's overcast or nighttime.
The Lamora also have a hierarchy within their ranks known as Diviniers. They are the most proficient with Helus spells and are exalted by their people. While some Diviniers hold high positions within their church, some are present on the battlefield and lead their people to victory.

It is customary to burn dead Lamora. They are known for worshipping the sun as their idol, so they participate in burning their dead on pyres, or simply by covering them in oil and setting them aflame on the battlefield to save time.

Their lifespans are above average, with some Divinier Elders living to 120-130 years old. They are also derogatorily referred to as "fanatics" considering their obsession with the sun.
Back to top Go down
https://soundcrisis.board-directory.net

I | Lamora | Description
Page 1 of 1